Why Wait to Start Your Data Profiling Project ?
In today's fast-moving marketplace, the race is often won by the businesses that are best able to master and capitalize on the use of data. Data profiling – the process of gauging the character and condition of data stored in varied forms across the enterprise – is commonly recognized as a vital first step toward gaining control over organizational data. For many businesses, however, data profiling projects remain stuck in neutral, stymied either by the time demands of building data profiling tools in house, or the steep costs of purchasing a proprietary solution.
Talend, the leading provider of open source data management solutions, gets your data profiling project in gear with Talend Open Studio for Data Quality, a powerful and flexible data profiler that's ready to download and use today.
Comprehensive Data Profiling with Talend Open Studio for Data Quality
Talend Open Studio for Data Quality delivers rich functionality that gives you broad and deep visibility into your organization's data:
- Jump-start your data profiling project by using Talend Open Studio for Data Quality's built-in data connectors to easily access a wide range of databases, file types, and applications, all from the same graphical console.
- Use the Data Explorer to drill down into individual data sources and view specific records.
- Perform statistical data profiling on your organization's data, ranging from simple record counts by category, to analyses of specific text or numeric fields, to advanced indexing based on phonetics and sounds.
- Apply custom business rules to your data to identify records that cross certain thresholds, or that fall inside or outside of defined ranges.
- Identify data that fails to conform to specified internal standards such as SKU or part number forms, or external reference standards such as email address format or international postal codes.
Free to Download, Easy to Use
Talend Open Studio for Data Quality is far from "trial-ware" – it's fully functional, powerful data profiling software that you can download and use for free, for as long as you want. Based on the familiar Eclipse development environment, Talend Open Studio for Data Quality is easy to learn and use. To further support your data profiling productivity, Talend maintains professional quality user documentation as well as a wide range of on-demand tutorials and webinars. The large and active Talend user community is another great source of information, as well as helpful application extensions.
A Strong Step Toward Data Quality Management
When you're ready to move beyond data profiling to enterprise-scale data quality management, the subscription-based Talend Data Management Platform delivers a full suite of tools for data cleansing and data enrichment, as well as data migration and data replication, all from the same integrated development environment. Talend provides technical support for Talend Data Management Platform users, and the system's cost is just a fraction of what comparable proprietary solutions costs.
Learn more about Talend’s data quality solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Data Quality today and start benefiting from the leading open source data quality tool.