Spring '22 hackathon winners announced!
By Talend Team
Talend held its annual company-wide hackathon in May. This year was all about cross-organizational collaboration — and our teams delivered! 30 projects were submitted by more than 133 Talendians across all technical departments (Product, Global Services and Support, Enterprise Data and Analytics, Solution Engineering, and more).
Celebrating the spirit of creativity
Sam Pierson, CTO, was the #1 sponsor for this hackathon — and he could not have been more proud of the outcome.
This year’s submissions were split into 4 categories:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Data health
- Efficiency improvement
- Data-driven teams
We received exciting projects in every category. From proposals and POCs for new product capabilities to ideas on new approaches to better understanding our customers, the variety of submissions was impressive — and made it hard to choose winners from so many great ideas.
And the Talend hackathon 2022 winners are . . .
AI & ML:
- Talend Sentiment Analyzer from Maikel Bastawrous, Uma Ganesh, Kevin Yanogo
- 1st Prize — Data Health Console from Mathieu Huchet, Anne Lefevre, Maxime Nicoul, Sebastien Romain, Jimmy Somsanith
- 2nd Prize — Visualizing Data Quality Lineage in Talend Data Catalog from Darren Brunt, Chris Hubbard, Leszek Lesiewicz, Mark Morton, John Underwood
- 1st Prize — DRY Dehydrated Data Integration Jobs from Hiren Chawda, Balàzs Gunics, Jürgen Kindler, Jean-Cloude Kuo, Dietmar Wolz, Zhiwei Xue
- 2nd Prize — Real-time Change Data Capture from Javier Aguirre, Felice Bellanti, Ben Saunders, Luca Tamburrano
- From Raw Data to Actionable Insights from Axel Catoire, Renaud Cleac’h, Joseph El Khoury, Anaïse Feuvrier, Karina Lakhari, Archana Rachakonda, Antoine Richard, Cyril Sonnefraud, Susan Sreenath
Sam Pierson and Jason Penkethman, Talend's CPO, took the time to acknowledge all participants and celebrate the winning projects in each category. You can learn more about these projects in the short video below:
Congratulations again to everyone!
Want to work on exciting projects, too? Join Talend today.