Carbon Reduction Plan
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Talend Ltd (UK) is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050. We started tracking certain Scope 3 emissions in 2021 and are building a reduction plan across Talend. This plan includes setting the right goals, implementing a tracking system, and highlighting initiatives our employees can take both in their professional and personal lives.
Baseline emissions footprint
Additional details relating to the baseline emissions calculation
2021 is the first year in which Talend has measured its GHG emissions, and so are reported as both baseline and current emissions.
The scope of the emissions measurement covers Talend’s UK operations only, across scopes 1, 2 & 3. The scope was established using the operational control method and measured in line with the GHG Protocol Corporate Reporting Standard.
Data was collected (or estimated in the absence of primary data) for the following categories:
- Office energy consumption (electricity)
- Office water consumption
- Office waste
- Procured goods (incl. paper, stationery, food & drink, office equipment & furniture and IT equipment)
- Business travel (road, rail, air, sea, and hotel stays)
- Staff commuting and homeworking
- Digital emissions (dwell time and web & cloud hosting)
¹ Talend utilizes outsourced datacenters AWS and Microsoft Azure for its cloud-based offerings. AWS and Microsoft are committed to obtaining Net Zero emissions.
² Talend continues to work with our third-party vendors to encourage them to reduce their carbon emissions.
Current emission reporting
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 106.32 tCO2e by 2026. This is a reduction of 15.5%, in line with the Science Based Targets Initiative Net-Zero (by 2050) trajectory.
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Completed carbon reduction initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2021 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to N/A tCO2e, a N/A%ge reduction against the 2021 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract:
- Full carbon footprint analysis of Talend UK commissioned with an environmental consultancy to better understand the areas of high impact.
- As part of this analysis, an employee homeworking and commuting survey has been circulated which will help Talend UK to understand the impact of their staff. This is particularly important as a ‘remote-first’ business.
- There is currently a corporate travel ban in place, whereby only absolutely necessary trips are allowed. This was instated during covid-19 to reduce both financial and environmental effects.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- The results of the carbon footprint will inform the reduction strategy which will initially focus on the carbon hotspots. This will extend to engaging employees about their impacts of homeworking by sharing the results of the analysis.
- Talend UK will continue to measure their carbon footprint annually to benchmark against themselves as the reduction strategy is implemented.
Declaration and sign off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the management body of Talend UK.
November 9, 2022