Talend Leads Innovation for OpenAPI Visual Design Support
Advancements to API Services deliver state-of-the-art compatibility with third-party technologies in the Spring ’19 release of Talend Data Fabric
Redwood City, CA - April 30, 2019 - Talend, a global leader in cloud data integration and data integrity, today announced support for OpenAPI specification (OAS) version 3.0 as part of its Spring ’19 release of Talend Data Fabric. The new API service advancements included with Talend Cloud provide full API development lifecycle support, enabling significant time savings in building and maintaining APIs in an integrated environment. This API foundation serves as a standard and scalable way for companies to make data available to more users inside and outside an organization and to create new products and services that can drive new business models, revenue, and profitability.
“As a founding member of the OpenAPI Initiative, Talend continues to lead the innovation around visual API design,” said Jerome Louvel, VP of Product Management at Talend. “Given the growth of APIs driven by microservices and digital initiatives, support for an environment that increases DevOps teams' productivity while enabling collaboration with less technical API stakeholders becomes critically important. With this release, we can also ensure that customers have a smooth upgrade path to OAS 3.0 from previous versions or alternative formats.”
OAS 3.0 Support Drives Speed and Compatibility
Talend Cloud is an integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) that makes it easy to collect, govern, transform, and share data. Highlights of OAS 3.0 support in Talend Cloud include:
- Data type composition, e.g. merge different customer information (such as profile, contact and preferences into a unified view of a customer)
- Data type polymorphism
- Documentation of new security schemes (such as OpenID Connect or JWT)
- Reusable API components (e.g. create a component that describes how to paginate results and use it across multiple API operations)
- Default response and status ranges (e.g. for “any error” on this operation, “this particular” response will be returned)
- Convert API definitions to and from other formats (e.g RAML and Swagger)
- Visual implementation of APIs as mini and microservices
These new features are usable on existing API definitions. Through a quick import, customers can seamlessly transition to OAS 3.0 from Swagger 2 as well as from RAML.
Additional Cloud Enhancements to Spring ‘19
In addition to new API services, the Spring ’19 release of Talend Data Fabric includes new features for its management console, data prep and stewardship capabilities, including:
- Enhanced support for Amazon API Gateway
- Enhanced support for Azure API Management
- Automated service deployment through Talend Cloud APIs
- Authentication via personal access tokens
- A new web-based graphical designer to create end-to-end pipelines to preview and transform your data
- Improved efficiency for dataset cleansing and standardization
For more information on this offering, check out the webinar demo here or sign up for a cloud trial here.