Comprehensive migration offering enables organizations to meet real-time business needs and easily share data across business units, partners, and geographies
Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud data integration and data integrity, today announced automated migration from any on-premise and legacy data warehouse and ETL environment to Snowflake, the data warehouse built for the cloud, and Talend Cloud data integration platform. This comprehensive offering is designed to help companies quickly migrate to a cloud data warehouse, meeting real-time business requirements and enabling easy sharing of critical data across disparate business units, partners, and geographies while maintaining a single source of trusted data for analytics.
Many organizations have incurred significant technical debt with their current on-premise data warehouse architectures and continue to bear increased costs when adding more users, data, and use cases. As these legacy environments make it very expensive to scale, organizations are increasingly looking to move their data warehouses to the cloud. Talend, utilizing BladeBridge converter technology, makes the process of migrating to Snowflake easier by automating the migration of data along with ETL scripts, databases, tables, views, stored procedures, and functions from on-premise databases and ETL products.
“As our customers look to modernize their data analytics, they want to ensure a successful cloud migration strategy across multiple clouds with minimal disruption. With the help of Talend and Snowflake, these customers now have an industry-leading automated approach compared to a manual migration effort,” says Colleen Kapase, VP of partner and alliances at Snowflake. “Customers can now complete complex migration projects for data integration and analytics enabling greater collaboration between IT and business teams.”
Key features include:
- Integration of structured and unstructured data, along with batch and real-time streaming, provides agility to address virtually any data management requirements
- Easy to migrate from virtually any legacy on-premise data integration environment.
- Ability to easily segment data into virtual data marts
- Self-service tools for further data preparation, data integration, and data quality
- Automation capabilities
- Automates conversion database schema including tables, views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions
- Automates conversion of ETL to modern cloud-based environment
- ETL Capabilities:
- Scale up and down on demand ETL and data warehouse
- Migrate both ETL and data warehouse to the cloud
- Simplified administration of ETL and data warehouse
“In the past, migration costs for data warehouses have prohibited many organizations from considering cloud data warehouse options. Now, we have an automated solution that will migrate legacy environments to Snowflake without breaking customers’ budgets,” says Michael Pickett, SVP business development at Talend. “We are committed to helping all of our customers navigate the cloud data integration space and couldn’t be more thrilled to offer this program. Furthermore, this conversion offering is available to all system integration partners making it accessible to their clients.”
For more information or to get started with an automated cloud data warehouse migration project using Talend, Snowflake, and BladeBridge register to attend one of the Snowflake World Tour event locations here or request an overview here.