This quick tutorial will show you how to take the license file that you received in an evaluation email and import it into Talend Studio when you bring it up for the first time.
Here are the other tutorials in the A Day in the Life of a Data Integration Developer series:
- Part 1: Introduction to Talend Studio
- Part 2: How to Build Your First Job in Talend Studio
- Part 3: Running, Testing, and Debugging
- Part 4: AMC Studio Basic Features
- Part 5: Basic Job Design Features
- Part 6: How to Self-Document Any Data Integration Job
- Part 7: How to Import a License File
I've installed Talend Studio in a directory called "Studio," and that's where I've navigated to.
Double click the application file that goes with the server that it is running on, and this is the license set up.
I want to browse for the file. The import license is used when you're using Talend Administrative Center, which we're not using today. Instead, simply browse for the license file on the desktop.
Studio will confirm that it's a valid license as long as it’s not expired from the date that you downloaded it. Click Okay and it will go ahead and start the Studio where you will establish your connection and workspace, as well as the project or import projects that will start up next.
For more basics on using Talend Studio, view the previous tutorials from this series.