As big data grows, so does the need for big data governance.
As the demand for big data continues to grow, big data governance has become a critical issue for most organizations. Big data often deals with sensitive personal information and confidential enterprise records, and big data governance to ensure the security of this information is paramount.
Big data governance is also essential for maintaining the quality of big data analysis, allowing leaders to make decisions and take action with confidence. And superior governance can enable organizations to avoid the costs associated with low quality data re-work, and to provide big data reporting in compliance with government regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and Basel II/Basel III.
The challenges of big data governance.
But managing big data governance presents some major challenges for the organization. Superior big data governance requires native support of the security of protocols for Hadoop, the leading big data platform. But the legacy integration engines most organizations rely on require their own proprietary security methods and simply don't work well with Hadoop and won't scale to meet the needs of big data. That means data must be extracted from Hadoop for processing, adding unnecessary complexity and risk to any big data project.
Talend simplifies big data governance with easy-to-use tools.
Talend's big data application provides an open source platform that lets organizations use their existing infrastructure to work with big data – and manage big data governance – within the Hadoop framework.
Running 100% natively on Hadoop, Talend's big data solution enables organizations to rely on Kerberos, Hadoop's security protocol, to efficiently protect data and control and enforce data quality.
Talend provides easy-to-use big data tools that developers can use to:
- Integrate data from any source using more than 800 pre-built connectors.
- Easily manipulate and transform data within the Hadoop platform and security protocol.
- Ensure data quality with tools to easily remove duplicates and to monitor the completeness, accuracy and integrity of data at any time.
- Streamline big data governance and administration with an intuitive environment for implementing a big data program and scheduling, monitoring and deploying any big data job.
Additional solutions for big data governance.
In addition to a big data platform, Talend also provides a powerful open source-based data management solution that combines robust data integration and data quality functions into a highly available and scalable architecture. The Talend Data Management platform enables organizations to:
- Improve data in hours instead of months, with tools for standardization, parsing, enrichment, matching, survivorship and monitoring on-going data quality.
- Improve governance with a solution that lets you deploy data quality processes and services seamlessly across teams, applications, systems and lines of business.
- Clean and normalize all data, including supply chain, CRM, ERP and transactional data.
Learn more about Talend’s big data solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Big Data today and start benefiting from the leading open source big data tool.