Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced the availability of version 5.2 of its next-generation integration platform, the only offering that provides a unified environment for managing the entire lifecycle across data, application and process integration requirements. With version 5.2, Talend extends the industry’s most flexible, scalable and adaptive integration platform with the introduction of key new capabilities, including big data profiling for Hadoop, support for widely-used and deployed NoSQL databases, and a set of improvements that increases product usability and performance across the entire platform.
Big Data Profiling
In its mission to democratize big data, Talend has focused extensively on solutions that make deploying and managing Apache Hadoop and related technologies simple, without requiring specific expertise in these areas. With version 5.2, Talend has taken its big data strategy a step further by adding big data profiling for Hadoop, providing companies with the ability to discover and understand data in Hadoop clusters. Among the typical problems associated with data quality are duplication, incompleteness and inconsistency, which create inefficiencies in data processing. Talend Platform for Big Data includes new capabilities for visibility into big data in all its forms and locations. These include the ability to analyze data in Hive databases on Hadoop “in place” without extraction and the ability to perform data hygiene tasks, including data cleansing, enrichment, matching and de-duplication directly inside the Hadoop cluster through Hadoop code generation.
Simplified NoSQL Integration with Hadoop
Talend 5.2 adds support for NoSQL databases in its integration solutions, Talend Platform for Big Data and Talend Open Studio for Big Data, with an initial set of connectors for Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB. Built on Talend’s award-winning open source integration technology, Talend Open Studio for Big Data is a powerful and versatile open source solution for big data integration that natively supports Apache Hadoop, including connectors for Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), HCatalog, Hive, Oozie, Pig and Sqoop – in addition to the more than 450 connectors included natively in the product. As NoSQL has become the go-to technology for certain data architectures, the integration of these platforms into Talend’s big data solution enables customers to use these new connectors to migrate and synchronize data between NoSQL databases and all other data stores and systems.
“Talend version 5.2 delivers on our vision of simplifying the development, integration and management of big data so that businesses can focus on using that data to make faster and more informed decisions,” said Fabrice Bonan, co-founder and chief technical officer, Talend. “We provide the most powerful and versatile open source, big data solution to help organizations load, extract and improve disparate data while leveraging the massively parallel processing power of big data technologies including Apache Hadoop and leading NoSQL databases.”
Latest Release of Talend’s Integration Products
In addition to Talend’s big data enhancements, Talend introduces version 5.2 of its flagship data integration products that leverage the Talend Unified Platform. New features focus on product usability, user productivity improvements and performance to provide a more robust and easier to use solution.
- Talend Enterprise Data Integration – In v5.2, parallel execution of jobs can now leverage multi-core hardware. This new version also supports continuous integration between development, test and production environments and is integrated with open source build manager Maven.
- Talend Enterprise Data Quality – Version 5.2 includes expanded address validation algorithms, precise e-mail validity detection, and native fraud detection capabilities. A new set of components allows customers to use Melissa Data to validate addresses.
- Talend Enterprise MDM – Support for a wider range of enterprise architectures in v5.2 lowers the barrier to MDM adoption; organizations can now use their Oracle, MySQL, Derby or H2 databases as the underlying MDM data store.
- Talend Enterprise ESB – In this version, Continuous Integration between development, test and production environments is now available. Version control system Nexus is also supported for versioning and deployment.
- Talend Enterprise BPM – Talend v5.2 presents a fully integrated BPM engine into the Talend Runtime. Talend users only need to manage a single container, which can run data jobs, web services, REST applications and now BPM processes. With fewer moving parts in system environments and the flexibility to run multiple instances of different application types within the same container, the work of the IT administrator is significantly reduced in terms of management and maintenance of the software.
Version 5.2 of Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, Talend Open Studio for Data Quality, Talend Open Studio for MDM, Talend Open Studio for ESB and Talend Open Studio for Big Data are available for immediate download from Talend’s web site www.talend.com. Version 5.2 of the commercial subscription products, available before the end of 2012, will be provided to all existing Talend customers as part of their subscription agreement and can be procured through the usual Talend representatives or partners.