Talend Recognizes 2016 Data Masters Award Winners
Honorees Including Air France KLM, Domino’s Pizza, Jaeger and Lenovo, Exemplify Innovative Use of Data to Enable Business Transformation
Redwood City, CA and Paris - November 17, 2016 -
Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud and big data integration software, today announced the winners of its annual awards program —the Talend Data Masters. These awards celebrate companies that are using Talend solutions in compelling ways to help make their businesses more agile, effective and data-driven. The 19 winners—representing forward-thinking organizations of all sizes, across every industry—were revealed during a ceremony at the annual Talend Connect conference in Paris, France.
“We created the Data Masters Awards to recognize the unique and innovative ways our customers are using data to transform their business. Companies across every industry worldwide are discovering how cloud and big data technologies can help them reinvent product and service delivery,” said Mike Tuchen, CEO, Talend. “The Data Masters winners exemplify how these new technologies can help drive enterprise-wide ROI and, in some cases, benefit society at large. Talend is proud of our customers and to be a key enabler of these digital transformations.”
The Talend Data Masters winners were determined using a range of criteria including creativity and innovation, project scope and complexity, designing new big data use cases, as well as overall business value achieved. This year’s Talend Data Masters recipients include:
Grand Prize Winners
- Customer Intimacy: Air France KLM – The company created a 360-degree view of the 90 million passengers it transports each year, by integrating multiple data sources, to enable a more personalized “made-just-for-me” travel experience.
- Business ROI: Lenovo – The world's largest PC manufacturer, analyzes +22B transactions and 11B customer records annually to monitor purchasing behavior and the buyer’s journey across multiple channels. This resulted in a $1M operating cost reduction and an 11 percent average revenue per unit increase.
- Open Source: International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) – This organization coordinated a team of 400+ reporters across 80 countries in conjunction with German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, to analyze 2.6TB of unstructured, diversified data to shed light on 215,000 shell companies, known as the “Panama Papers”.
- Non-Profit: United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) – This private, non-profit organization manages the nation’s organ transplant system. UNOS reduced the time required for data integration tasks from 18 hours to 3 or 4 hours, allowing transplant centers nationwide to have more up-to-date insight on organs transplanted over the last three months, which may result in better decision making, and more saved lives.
Business Excellence Winners
- PRGX Global, Inc. – A leading provider of accounts payable, recovery and audit services, increased its ability to analyze two million annual client files to help detect, find, and fix revenue leakage in their procurement and payment processes by 10x.
- Sidetrade – This SaaS-based, financial software company specializing in increasing the performance of the Sales-to-Cash cycle, anticipates and analyzes customers’ payment behavior thanks to data science technologies, to help its clients improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue.
- Lyoness – A global shopping community that enables its members to receive cashback when shopping at participating merchants, migrated its homegrown systems to Salesforce Cloud management platforms in order to better anticipate and respond to merchant needs.
- Ring Central – This cloud-based, communication and collaboration platform provider, automated the collection of employee information stored across multiple systems, to enable employee self-service access to personal records, which significantly reduced HR administrative burdens.
- VINCI – A global player in concessions and construction, created a more efficient and connected human capital resource process for managing employee data throughout their tenure with the company—from onboarding through retirement.
Customer Excellence Winners
- BetVictor – One of Europe’s leading online gaming companies, implemented a high-performance data platform to identify player behavioral patterns, analyze and segment them in real-time, to deliver more relevant and personalized suggestions to its 500,000+ customers worldwide.
- Calor Gas – UK’s top supplier of liquid petroleum gas, with more than 100,000 domestic customers, developed a Customer-360 program to improve profitability and segmentation, so it can better target marketing offers to the right individuals at the right time, which improved customer retention and increased revenue.
- Domino’s Pizza – The world’s largest pizza delivery chain serving millions of pizzas a day, Domino’s integrates customer data across multiple platforms—including mobile, social and email— to increase efficiency and provide a more flexible customer ordering and delivery experience.
- Flybe – Europe’s largest regional airline, implemented an enterprise-wide back-office system overhaul aimed at streamlining their core business operations, gaining new efficiencies, and improving customer service and delivery.
- HomeServe – One of the UK’s leading home assistance providers, with over two million customers, HomeServe developed a 360-degree Customer view system enabling it to offer even higher levels of service whilst also ensuring compliance with its obligations.
- Jaeger – This UK-based fashion brand and retailer revolutionized their data architecture replacing legacy platforms and processes with more efficient, pioneering management of data whilst building a foundation to enhance retail performance and drive new ways of working.
- Keolis – To better understand and address passengers’ diverse needs, Keolis designed an easy-to-use, integrated mobile application —called the PlanBookTicket—that provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ way to execute the three steps of a traveler's journey: finding the right route, selecting a ticket, and payment processing.
- Wejo – A journey and location-based ‘smart driving’ software start-up, deployed a modern data architecture that uses real-time data streams to deliver immediate and actionable insights for businesses, as well as send targeted notifications to app users..
Veolia Water Technologies also received a Talend Data Masters award for its innovation in Customer Excellence.
Best Value-Added Reseller
- Datalytyx – A Talend platinum partner and leading UK provider of big data engineering, digital transformation and real-time data analytics services, Datalytyx works with Talend to deliver rapid gains and sustained ROI for its clients that meet business requirements faster and enable better data-driven decision making.
“As Lenovo transforms to become a customer centric company, we must understand and react at the speed our customers require,” said Marc Gallman, senior manager of Big Data Architecture and Global Business Intelligence at Lenovo. “Talend plays a key role in enabling our 360-degree customer view, allowing us to deliver insights faster. We’re excited to be recognized as a Talend Data Masters Grand Prize Winner and look forward to our continued partnership."
The 2016 Talend Data Masters winners are using a variety of Talend solutions and partner technologies to achieve their business transformation goals, including Talend Big Data, Talend Real-Time Big Data, Talend Integration Cloud, Talend Data Integration, and Talend Master Data Management. To learn more about Talend and its complete portfolio of solutions visit www.talend.com. Additional details on each of the Data Masters Award winners can be found here.
Like this story? Tweet this: .@AirFranceKLM, @Lenovo, @Dominos and more announced as winners of Talend’s 2016 #DataMasters.