Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced its experts will be giving two presentations at the Open Source Electronic Health Record Agent (OSEHRA) Summit & Workshop, taking place September 4-6 in Bethesda, MD. The first session, “Secure Interoperability with RPC and HL7 using Apache,” will be led by Edward Ost, technical director at Talend, and Hadrian Zbarcea, Talend principal Apache architect. The second session, “Leveraging the Cloud to Enable Community Innovation,” will be a joint session with Edward Ost and Todd Reedy, systems engineer at Google.
“OSEHRA is focused on bringing together community stakeholders to deliver solutions to patients, and as a key contributor to several Apache projects, Talend provides relevant experience coordinating software experts to create enterprise-class open source solutions,” said Edward Ost. “Through these presentations, we hope to further OSEHRA’s mission to advance electronic health record software and related health information technology through open source.”
Session I: Secure Interoperability with RPC and HL7 using Apache
- What: This session will demonstrate how to achieve interoperability for both domain specific standards and technology standards. As part of the presentation, Talend will use Apache technology to describe and demonstrate some of the concepts involved in mediating RPC between existing RPC applications and external applications using HL7.
- Who: Edward Ost, technical director at Talend; Hadrian Zbarcea, Talend principal Apache architect
- When: Friday, September 6 (1:00-2:30 pm ET)
Session II: Leveraging the Cloud to Enable Community Innovation
- What: Talend and Google will discuss and demonstrate integrating VistA with Google via the Talend platform using a Volunteer Ride Sharing (VRS) app hosted on the GAE. VistA will be integrated via Apache ESB with Google Map Engine, Gmail, Google Calendar and Visualization Tools. Sample data will also be logged into Google Big Query. In addition, Google will present background information on how Big Query can help analytics drive policy through measuring results to improve efficiency.
- Who: Edward Ost, technical director at Talend, and Todd Reedy, systems engineer at Google
- When: Friday, September 6 (3:00-4:30 pm ET)
OSEHRA is an organization made up of a vendor-neutral community focused on the creation, evolution, promotion and support of an open source Electronic Health Record. The OSEHRA conference brings together community leaders in the open source, electronic health record and health information technology fields to further explore innovative and pioneering models and best practices in technical, clinical and business development.