Talend, the global integration software leader, today announced the successful completion of its fifth Talend Connect, the company's user, customer and partner conference, held March 12 at the Clift Hotel in San Francisco. The event hosted an enthusiastic and vibrant crowd of approximately 200 business & technology executives and IT users and featured content-rich presentations with the most up-to-date information on integration and big data best practices.
The conference kicked off with a lively discussion between Talend CEO and co-founder Bertrand Diard and conference moderator Mark Jeffries, author and trusted adviser to some of the world’s most successful corporations and a regular contributor on shows such as NBC’s Today Show, CNBC, BBC News, Sky News and Fox Business. In this session, Diard highlighted Talend’s vision for the future, the changing IT landscape and how open source is driving innovation.
“After successful events in Boston, Frankfurt, Paris and London, we are extremely pleased with the fantastic turnout at Talend Connect San Francisco – not only in the number of attendees, but the level of engagement and quality of interaction among a high-profile group of executives and industry experts,” said Bertrand Diard. “The knowledge and insight shared within our ecosystem of customers, partners, employees and industry experts was impressive – and will continue to drive further innovation and success for Talend and the other members of our ecosystem.”
Attendees also had the opportunity to join jam-packed presentations from Talend customers and partners, which included:
- Bank of America discussing how Talend is used to manage complex integration projects in one of its key business units.
- Google combatting the perceptions that big data is highly-complex by sharing how to make big data simpler and more affordable thanks to Google BigQuery.
- InfoGroup showcasing the way Talend helps provide responsive, real-time big data services to their customers.
- Accenture describing its “data value chain" model and how Talend is used to reduce friction in the data chain to unlock the business value of Accenture’s clients’ data.
- Real-world Master Data Management (MDM) challenges and benefits from Talend customers and implementation partners including Virtusa and TUI Travel; Infosense and BlueCross Blue Shield and Decision Technologies and Greenheck.
Talend executives and technologists also shared recent innovations included in Talend v5.2, Talend’s next-generation integration platform, as well as real-world examples of big data implementations. Jeff Kelly, thought leader and technology market analyst at Wikibon, also presented concepts and technologies for scaling a business with big data leading to increased business value.