Annual Program Recognizes Companies Including GE Healthcare, Hess Corp. and Travis Perkins That Are Leading the Market Through Innovative Use of Data Integration
Talend, a global leader in big data integration software, today announced the winners of its first annual awards program —Talend Data Masters. Ten forward-thinking organizations were presented with this honor in a ceremony during the annual Talend Connect conference in Paris, France. The Data Masters Awards celebrate enterprises that are using Talend solutions to transform their data architectures and fuel overall business success.
Carefully selected from more than 1,700 global customers representing large public organizations and private firms across every major business sector, the 2015 Talend Data Masters winners were selected using a range of criteria including market impact and innovation, project scale and complexity, big data technology usage and creativity as well as the overall business value achieved.
“We created the Data Masters Awards to recognize the outstanding vision and achievements of customers using Talend solutions to dramatically transform their businesses into truly data-driven organizations,” said Mike Tuchen, CEO, Talend. “While we’re proud of all our customers’ achievements, the Data Masters winners are pioneering new ways to channel ever-growing volumes of data into actionable information that is not only improving their businesses but in many instances also benefiting the broader population.”
The winners of the inaugural Talend Data Masters Awards include:
- Douglas – Douglas, a leading European beauty products retailer, needed a way to connect its multitude of disparate systems in order to reduce its time-to-order fulfillment process for a new product launch campaign. With Talend, Douglas enabled all its business lines with access to more than 12 different systems in order to streamline and efficiently deliver the new product to customers throughout Europe in a single month.
- GE Healthcare – GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE Healthcare and Talend worked together to streamline the flow of data between healthcare organizations and payers, which amounts to over 2 million claim/payment transactions per day — in order to help reduce the administrative burden associated with healthcare insurance claims and payments.
- Globalway – Globalway provides cloud-oriented solutions to the burgeoning Japanese marketplace. Globalway teamed with Talend to help its customers migrate legacy applications to the cloud to enable forward-looking insight. For example, utilizing Talend solutions, Globalway was able to help one of its automobile manufacturing clients take sensory information from its cars’ IoT navigation systems and use it to improve future car development.
- Hess Corporation – Hess Corporation, a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, is utilizing Talend in a predictive analytics solution. Utilizing Talend data integration to work with other big data analytics solutions, Hess can now generate reports in hours that used to take weeks, so it can better pinpoint where to drill.
- Keyrus – As a key IT consulting and technology leader, Keyrus enables organizations to successfully turn new data from the digital paradigm into new business opportunities for its clients. Working with Talend, Keyrus was able to integrate all customer account information into one platform, which helped to reduce training time and deliver a 360-degree view of each customer. The less time spent training employees on one vs. several different systems meant the company had more time to spend addressing customer needs.
- m2ocity – m2ocity, the leading operator for the Internet of Things in France, delivers a Network-a-a-Service solution for more than 1,600,000 connected devices across 2,000 cities, enabling the Smart City to become real. Utilizing Talend, m2ocity is able to process large volumes of data generated by its millions of connected devices daily and distribute it quickly in a user-friendly format that enables customers to develop new value-added services.
- OTTO Group – OTTO Group, one of the largest online retailers in the world, used Talend’s big data solution to replace aging, legacy, batch-oriented integration systems so the company could have better insight into customers’ shopping behavior and successfully prevent last-minute shopping cart abandonment with real-time incentives.
- Springg – Springg, an international software company specializing in agricultural data transport, software development and sensor technologies, is helping to feed the world through its innovative use of Talend software. Utilizing Talend, Springg is able to evaluate data collected from sensors used in its mobile laboratories around the globe to measure soil elements. Based on these insights, Springg can give farmers soil and fertilizer advice to help dramatically increase their yield targets.
- Travis Perkins — The U.K.’s largest building materials supplier, Travis Perkins plc, operates 20 businesses across the country, including Wickes, a DIY home improvement chain, and Benchmarx, a kitchen and joinery supply store. Using Talend’s solutions alongside other initiatives, Travis Perkins has been able to improve its website conversion rate by 30 percent with improved and standardized product data for customers and branches. This has helped ensure, among other things, the availability of accurate product information and pricing.
- Virtusa – Virtusa, a global information technology (IT) services company and valued Talend partner, provides IT consulting, technology and outsourcing services. After implementing Talend’s master data management solution, Virtusa was able to reduce customer fraud and risk, keeping the company in compliance with regulatory measures, while also streamlining sales, marketing and other operational functions. As a result, the company was able to create business efficiencies and enhance its global delivery model for high-value IT client services.
“At GE Healthcare IT, we’re using Talend to serve as the communications hub between health plans and providers,” said Jon Zimmerman, GM, Clinical Business Solutions, GE Healthcare IT. “In the U.S., there are billions of dollars wasted in administrative processes because the information is not getting to the right place at the right time to deliver appropriate care. By leveraging what Talend can do in the middle of our network, all of our customers can reduce waste and return more value for delivering care versus just administering care.”
“We’ve been doing IoT as a service with Talend for the past two years, building a scalable and valuable solution for the years to come,” said Christophe Roussel, Infrastructure Manager, m2ocity. “Now we have a future-proof platform that can create new value-added, data-driven services such as consumer portals for our customers’ customers or new consumer markets.”
“Our mission is to feed the world’s growing number of citizens by helping rural farmers increase their crop yield by as much as 500 percent,” said Wouter Kerkhof, CEO of Springg. “By working with Talend, we are able to seamlessly collect and analyze data from all our mobile labs in rural areas worldwide, and serve more farmers at a fraction of the cost that it would take them to get similar insight from a traditional chemical laboratory.”
To learn more about Talend and its complete portfolio of solutions visit: Talend.com.
Additional details on each of the Data Masters Award winners and their respective testimonial videos can be viewed in this blog.
Like this story? Tweet this: Congrats to our 10 Talend Data Masters Award winners! We’re extremely proud of your big data vision and innovation #TalendDataMasters
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter – great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information visit our website www.gehealthcare.com.