Talend Privacy Statement under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
UPDATED: JANUARY 8, 2020
Talend, Inc., Talend USA, Inc., and Stitch, Inc. (“we”, “our” or “Talend”)¹ respect your right to privacy. Talend complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland (“Privacy Shield”) that is transferred to the United States pursuant to the Privacy Shield. Talend has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to such data. If there is any conflict between the policies in this Privacy Statement and data subject rights under the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. For more information regarding our Privacy Shield certification, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
In this Privacy Statement, “personal data” means information that relates to a who can be identified directly, or indirectly in combination with other data, and is transferred to us pursuant to Privacy Shield. This Privacy Statement applies to the following personal data:
- Personal data we collect and process about individuals who are our business contacts, because we provide services to them or their employer; because they (or their employer) express an interest in our products or services; because we interact with them, including when they attend events or webinars hosted, sponsored, or attended by Talend; or because they have contacted Talend for customer support;
- Personal data we collect and process about individuals who visit our websites, our premises, facilities or offices;
- Personal data we collect and process about our contacts at our service providers; about our business partners with whom we collaborate; and about other third-parties with whom we interact in the ordinary course of business; and
- Personal data collected by our customers, that our customers submit to our services, or that our customers instruct us to process on their behalf.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the personal data collected and processed by Talend about its employees, which is governed by a separate individual privacy notice. It also does not apply to personal data collected and processed by Talend for recruitment purposes, or about applicants to our job offers, which is covered by our Talend Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
What personal data does Talend collect and for which purposes?
Third parties who may receive personal data
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- We may transfer personal data to our group companies and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process personal data for purposes that are described or referenced in this Privacy Statement or notified to you when we collect your personal data.
- We also use a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in providing our services to customers. These third party providers offer data storage services, data management, and assist with the transmission of data. These third parties may access, process, or store personal data in the course of providing their services. Talend’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, we remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if a third-party engaged to process personal data on our behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we demonstrate that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Principles, we only disclose personal data to such third parties that contractually agree to abide by or provide the same level of protections as set forth in the Privacy Shield Principles. Such third parties must agree to use personal data only for the purpose for which it is provided by us and they must contractually agree to provide adequate protections for personal data that are no less protective than those required by the Privacy Shield Principles.
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also be required to disclose personal data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, including to comply with legal obligations such as subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Your data protection rights
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, EU, UK, and Swiss individuals have the following data protection rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights in connection with your personal data, , you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal data relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will also provide you with access to the personal data that we hold about you.
- You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal data we hold about you. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- You have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data, including the right to (1) opt-out from any transfer of your personal data from Talend to third parties other than our agents, and (2) opt out of any use by Talend of your personal data for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. With respect to sensitive personal data, you have the right to opt in to such transfer or use of the data.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with the Privacy Shield and applicable data protection laws.
Complaints and enforcement
As part of our participation in the Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
In compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal data. EEA or Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement should first contact Talend at email@example.com.
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Privacy Shield Program. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, please contact BBB EU Privacy Shield, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States, who will attempt to resolve it. Please visit https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/bbb-eu-privacy-shield-consumers/ProcessForConsumers for more information and to file a complaint.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I- introduction.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Statement changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.