Product End-of-Life Planning:
- Major Releases (X.y.z) are vehicles for delivering major and minor feature development and enhancements to existing features. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Major Releases, Minor Releases, Service Packs, and patches. Talend typically has one Major Release per year.
- Minor Releases (x.Y.z) are vehicles for delivering minor feature developments, enhancements to existing features, and defect corrections. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Minor Releases, Service Packs, and patches. Talend typically has 2 Minor Releases per year.
GA Generally Available Software:
- GA Software is available for sale and is fully supported in the Recommended Environments from the date upon which a product becomes GA Software, until the date it becomes Retired Software. Talend recommends that customers begin all new projects with GA Software and migrate existing applications to GA Software as soon as possible.
- Retired Software is not available for general sale and will be supported for up to 18 months from the initial retirement date. Talend will no longer provide product enhancements for Retired Software. Talend recommends that Customers do not continue to develop new applications based on Retired Software. No new product key will be delivered except for existing customers for which the duration of the key shall not exceed end of life. Last Service Pack should be applied and upgrade to latest supported version should be planned.
End of Life Software:
- End of Life Software is not available for sale or support by Talend. Talend Customer Service may consider providing support assistance for End of Life Software at an agreed upon fee. Talend strongly recommends that customers migrate to a fully supported version of the product as soon as possible to maintain the highest level of support for their applications and systems.
|1-Blocker (S1)||2-Critical (S2)||3-Major (S3)||4-Minor (S4)|
|Summary||Software is completely unusable||Use of the software is significantly degraded||Non-critical loss of software functionality||General usage question|
A production system is down or rendered unusable with no available workaround. Business operations have been halted or substantially impacted.
A production system is functioning with significantly reduced capacity and no available workaround. Business operations can continue in a limited fashion.
For development environments, an error is blocking further development work and putting a significant milestone or deadline at risk.
Partial, non-critical loss of software functionality. Usage of software is impaired but business operations can continue.
A general usage or how-to question.
An error is cosmetic in nature or has minimal impact on business operations.
Support Level Agreement:
Talend is committed to offering Support Services to its customers based on the response time guidelines indicated in the Response Time Table below. Response time depends on the support level (as further described below, “Gold”, “Platinum” or “Mission Critical”, collectively, as applicable, the “Support Level”) that Customer has purchased and for which appropriate fees have been paid as set forth on an applicable Order Form. Talend addresses problem resolutions through a number of mechanisms, including defining workarounds, developing Patches, or through an upcoming GA Software release based on issue severity and priority. If a defect is identified in GA Software, it will be logged by Talend Customer Services personnel, who will then coordinate with the development team to address the issue. Scheduling of the defect resolution will be based on severity and priority. At Talend’s discretion, a Service Pack may be delivered, in cases of high severity or significant impact to multiple customers, where a workaround is not available.
If at any time, you feel that you are not receiving a level of service that meets your expectations, you may ask to have your case escalated or ask to be contacted by Talend Customer Service management. Any Customer requested escalation receives direct management attention and consideration. Talend Customer Service personnel are committed to ensuring that you receive the quality support necessary to be successful.
Response Time Table:
|Recommended for:||Development Support environments||Development & Production environments||Production environments|
|Phone Availability||N/A||Regional Business Hours||24x7x365
Severity 1 (English only)
|Web Ticket Acknowledgment (Severity 1 issues)*||4 hours||2 hours||1 hour|
|Phone Ticket Acknowledgment (Severity 1 issues)*||N/A||2 hours||1 hour|
|1-Blocker (S1)||1 day||4 hours||2 hours|
|2-Critical (S2)||2 days||8 hours||8 hours|
|3-Major (S3)||5 days||5 days||5 days|
* Talend will respond to Severity 1 issues communicated via web tickets or voice mails left on the Talend support hotline within the number of response time hours stated in the table above. Gold Support Level customers are not eligible for phone support.
Regional Business Hours
6am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Europe, Middle East, and Africa:
9am to 7pm Central European Time (CET)
9am to 5pm China Standard Time (CST)
9am to 5pm Japan Standard Time (JST)
9am to 5pm Australian Eastern Time (AEST)
Support Coverage Statement
As per Talend support policy, if you are a licensed customer…
|We support:||We do not support (Technical Support):
Note: Contact your Talend Representative for assistance with these issues.
|Diagnosis and resolution of product defects||Custom code development or debugging|
|Installation & migration issues||Technology preview features|
|License issues||System and network design|
|How-to questions||Installation/migration Walkthroughs|
|Delivery and installation of patches||Job design or optimizations|
*How-to Questions are limited to general inquiries about Talend products and components. Job Design, Optimization, and Best Practices are considered outside of support scope.