Service-oriented architectures (SOA) have become mainstream in corporate IT. Implemented correctly an SOA enables businesses to respond faster to change as information flows freely between systems and across enterprise boundaries. Customer service levels are improved and products are brought to market faster.
SOA solutions typically comprise functionality to connect services and applications, mediate services and their interactions, and manage the entire SOA network.
Obstacles: Provide High Qualities of Service
Today’s SOA solutions need to overcome the following challenges:
- Integrating a diverse set of applications and data sources – leaving no endpoint behind. Broad support is required for legacy systems, mainframes, packaged applications, and databases.
- Able to handle large transformations between endpoints.
- The ability to provide high levels of quality of service, such as reliability, performance, scalability and security.
The right SOA suite can help your business design and implement a service-oriented architecture that delivers on the promise of improved agility, better utilization of IT assets, and sustained cost-savings. Unfortunately, many SOA solutions have become unwieldy stacks of disconnected products with high license and support fees.
Solution: Talend for SOA
As the leading provider of open source technologies for data integration, application integration and business process management, Talend delivers a unified SOA solution that's unmatched in power and versatility together with a low total cost of ownership.
Talend provides a comprehensive set of integrated open source integration tools to meet the needs of any size project in even the most demanding environments. At the foundation of this unified platform is the Talend Enterprise ESB which is a tested, certified, fully supported open source enterprise service bus that enables organizations to quickly and easily connect to almost any IT resource.
Powerful SOA Service Development and Management Tools
- A powerful Eclipse-based graphical development environment that supports all facets of modeling, designing, developing, testing, and deploying robust SOA services.
- Service repository facilities that enable easy metadata publication and service location, all through the same integrated service development console.
- WS-compliant security capabilities with support for WS-TRUST, enabling authentication, authorization, encryption, and auditing
- An innovative design Studio for business process modeling that includes a powerful BPM and workflow engine, and a breakthrough user interface for the creation of forms for human interaction.
- Real-time monitoring and management controls with performance-based triggers and alerts with the ability to fine-tune deployed services on the fly.
Talend Enterprise ESB
The Talend Enterprise ESB offers a powerful framework for SOA services and is a high-performance distributed ESB built on proven enterprise service bus open source technologies. This lightweight open source ESB is easy to embed across your existing infrastructure and flexibly supports any major enterprise integration pattern.
Talend Enterprise ESB leverages the Talend unified platform, a common graphical tooling, repository, deployment, execution and monitoring environment that vastly improves developer productivity for integrating data and applications.
Talend Platform for Enterprise Integration
The Talend Platform for Enterprise Integration unifies business process management, application integration and data management allowing firms to increase business productivity, deliver projects faster, and lower operating costs.
Talend Platform for Data Services
The Talend Platform for Data Services combines application and data integration functions into a unified platform simplifying the development, deployment and management of data services. Firms increase IT productivity while lowering costs by creating a federated, data virtualization layer of reusable services. Point-to-point dependencies between data sources and targets are removed, lessening the impact of changing data structures.