Hadoop, Cassandra deliver powerful big data functionality.
Cassandra and Hadoop are likely top of the list for any company that wants to work with big data. Hadoop provides the speed, resilience and performance developers need to work with massive amounts of data, while Cassandra delivers linear scalability and proven fault tolerance on commodity hardware or cloud infrastructure to support mission-critical data.
But while a Hadoop/Cassandra implementation makes managing big data easier, managing a Cassandra/Hadoop integration is anything but simple. Big data platforms like Hadoop and NoSQL databases like Cassandra are an entirely new game for developers. Few organizations have people who have been trained on MapReduce programming, and even fewer have the resources to invest in this training. The diversity of big data sources in a Hadoop/Cassandra system creates lots of new technical challenges for legacy integration tools. And most organizations lack native support for the modern infrastructure required to manage a Hadoop/Cassandra implementation.
Clearly, developers and organizations need native Hadoop/Cassandra tools if they want to profit from these new technologies, but these tools must be usable with their existing skillsets. And that's exactly what Talend delivers.
Talend: easy-to-use tools for Hadoop/Cassandra.
Talend provides powerful and versatile open source big data products that let developers work with Hadoop and Cassandra using the skills they already possess. With Talend, organizations can begin working with big data technologies in hours instead of weeks or months, minimizing the cost of deployment and management of Hadoop/Cassandra implementations.
Running 100% natively on Hadoop, Talend simplifies any big data integration strategy with more than 800 connectors that let developers pull data from any source. With a broad set of tools, organizations can quickly load, extract and transform data quickly, using big Data Technologies like YARN in Hadoop (MapReduce 2.0), Hive, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB aggregation, Pig and more.
How Talend makes working with Hadoop and Cassandra simpler.
Talend delivers everything it takes to work with Hadoop, Cassandra and other big data technologies. With Talend, organizations can:
- Integrate data from any source. Talend makes it easy to integrate any data source to transform and integrate data in real-time or batch. NoSQL connectors make it simple to connect to Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB and other databases without requiring any specific NoSQL knowledge.
- Manipulate data sets like a big data expert. With Talend, developers can map, filter, compare and group big data sets to perform complex transformations using the skills they have today.
- Scale quickly whenever you need to. Talend provides massive scalability by automatically generating the underlying code for a Hadoop connector as new clusters are deployed.
- Ensure data quality. Talend provides tools to easily remove duplicates and to better understand the completeness, accuracy and integrity of enterprise data.
- Administrate big data projects easily. Talend's simple and intuitive environment for implementing and deploying a big data program makes managing projects much easier.
Learn more about Talend’s big data solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Big Data today and start benefiting from the leading open source big data tool.