Start Your ETL Project Today with the Leading Open Source Solution
As corporate data grows in volume and variety, extract, transform, and load (ETL) projects grow increasingly complex and unwieldy. Grappling with this challenge, IT groups have traditionally faced a painful choice. Developing ETL solutions in-house can be a long and complex effort, and over time and multiple projects usually results in a difficult to maintain patchwork of ad hoc applications. On the other hand, powerful proprietary data integration platforms can be forbiddingly expensive, particularly in the current budgetary climate.
Now, however, the open source movement has given IT departments a new and better option for implementing ETL and other data migration and data integration projects.
Powerful Open Source ETL from Talend
Talend is the leading developer of open source data integration systems. Recognized as "visionary" in recent Gartner reports on the data integration sector, Talend makes powerful ETL and data management technology easily available to organizations of all sizes with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration. Rather than bogging down in the business case writing and budgetary haggling associated with buying solutions from one of the few behemoths of the proprietary data management software market, one can download Talend Open Studio for Data Integration today, for free, and dig right into productive work on ETL and other projects.
Far from being mere "trial-ware", Talend Open Studio for Data Integration – like the best, mature open source technologies – is a powerful, unrestricted solution with immediate, far-reaching value. For ETL projects, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration delivers a rich feature set including:
- A graphical integrated development environment with an intuitive Eclipse-based interface.
- Drag-and-drop job design.
- A unified repository for storing and reusing metadata.
- The broadest data connectivity support of any data integration platform, with more than 400 built-in connector components that let you quickly bridge between databases, mainframes, file systems, web services, packaged enterprise applications, data warehouses, OLAP applications, Software-as-a-Service and Cloud-based applications, and more.
- Advanced ETL functionality including string manipulations, automatic lookup handling, and management of slowly changing dimensions.
- Support for ELT (extract, load, and transform) as well as ETL, even within a single job.
Talend provides professional quality user documentation and online tutorials to help you get started quickly with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, and the user community around Talend Open Studio for Data Integration is very large, active, and organized.
Talend's Open Source Scales with You
If your data integration needs are at or grow to enterprise scale, Talend also offers subscription-based Talend Enterprise Data Integration with additional features geared toward the needs of mission-critical projects. Team collaboration facilities, an advanced job control panel, change data capture, support for SOA integration, and support for innovative mass-scale data technologies like Hadoop are just some of the enterprise features available in the Integration Studio, as well as dedicated Talend technical support and professional services. Even with the subscription version, you benefit dramatically from the open source model: Talend Enterprise Data Integration costs only a fraction of what competing proprietary technologies cost, and you can leverage the wealth of practical information and application extensions available through the Talend open source community.