Easy, Reliable Big Data Transfer from the Open Source Integration Leader
Turning big data into actionable business intelligence is a critical operational challenge for today's enterprises. The obstacles to big data analytics have been dramatically lowered by the emergence of open source Hadoop technologies that enable massively parallel processing across a cluster of commodity servers. Cloud-based Hadoop cluster services opens the big data processing door even further, putting the power of Hadoop in the hands of any organization equipped to take advantage of it.
To capitalize on the tremendous business value inherent in big data and Hadoop, there remains the challenge of big data transfer – moving source data from server logs, sensor call data records, and so on into a Hadoop cluster for processing. Talend, the leading provider of open source data integration software, helps businesses meet this challenge with Talend Open Studio for Big Data, an open source solution for big data transfer and transformation.
Big Data Transfer: From Source to Hadoop
Talend Open Studio for Big Data simplifies the process of designing and executing big data transfer operations from source systems into a Hadoop storage and processing cluster. Featuring an Eclipse-based graphical development environment, Talend Open Studio for Big Data enables analysts and developers to design and implement big data transfer processes without having to do any complex Hadoop coding.
- Loading data from source systems into Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Loading data from source systems into HBase or Hive
- Using Sqoop to load data from relational databases into Hadoop
From Big Data Transfer to Big Data Analysis and Utilization
The value of Talend Open Studio for Big Data doesn't stop at big data transfer. Through the Talend graphical development console you can also:
- Leverage Hadoop Hive functionality to perform aggregations and transformations on big data that you've landed in your Hadoop layer.
- Create Hadoop Pig-based processing jobs for data stored in HDFS – without having to learn Hadoop Pig Latin or do any Pig Latin coding.
- Create Hadoop streaming processes that extract transformed data from Hadoop and move it to destination systems. Talend's open source data integration solutions feature more than 550 built-in data connector components, making it easy to transfer data into any major file format, database system, or enterprise application.
Talend open source data integration solutions power data management operations at thousands of organizations around the globe, including some of the world's largest corporations. Free to download and use under an Apache open source license, Talend Open Studio for Big Data lets you quickly and easily build versatile, reliable big data transfer and transformation processes.
Learn more about Talend’s big data solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Big Data today and start benefiting from the leading open source big data tool.