How to Get Hadoop Application Benefits without Hadoop Programming
Hadoop technologies have emerged in recent years as a highly effective way to manage and derive business value from vast datasets. But because Hadoop application technologies are complex and not yet widely familiar, to date only a minority of businesses have tapped into the benefits of Hadoop-based processing of big data. Talend, the leading provider of open source data integration solutions, enables organizations large and small to access Hadoop application benefits without having to do Hadoop programming.
The Hadoop Application Family
Hadoop is the open source Apache Software Foundation's Java-based implementation of MapReduce, a framework originated by Google for the parallel distributed processing of massive datasets. A family of Hadoop applications has emerged to support loading, storing, and transforming data in a Hadoop cluster, including:
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), for storing and manipulating very large files across a Hadoop cluster.
- HBase, a Hadoop application supporting structured, table-based data storage.
- Hadoop Pig, comprising a high-level language (Hadoop Pig Latin) and execution framework for analyzing large datasets.
- Hadoop Hive, a Hadoop application that puts a queryable data warehousing layer on top of the Hadoop distributed storage and processing infrastructure.
Talend Puts Hadoop Application Power in Easy Reach
Talend Open Studio for Big Data -- an extension of the market-leading open source data integration platform, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration – makes robust Hadoop application functionality available through an Eclipse-based graphical development environment. By using a palette of configurable graphical components, and without having to do any Hadoop application coding, you can quickly and easily build executable Hadoop jobs for big data management tasks such as:
- Loading data from any file format, database, messaging queue or enterprise application into HDFS or Hadoop Hive.
- Using Hive or Pig to perform data aggregations and transformations.
- Extracting data from HDFS or Hive and loading it into any file format, database, or enterprise application.
Talend Open Studio for Big Data does all the necessary Hadoop application coding, while also enabling you to view and access the code through the development console. The only pure open source solution for today's big data integration challenges, Talend Open Studio for Big Data is free to download and use under an Apache license.
Learn more about Talend’s big data solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Big Data today and start benefiting from the leading open source big data tool.