Data Quality Services
How to Launch Data Quality Services in Your Organization
Data quality advocates trying to get a corporate data quality services program off the ground often face financial, structural, and cultural obstacles. In such circumstances a big-bang approach that tries to resolve enterprise-wide data quality issues in one fell swoop is likely to falter. Much more promising is an incremental approach that focuses first on comprehensive data profiling, then on targeting and securing initial data quality wins, and then finally on parlaying those early wins into an enterprise-wide data quality services program.
Start Data Profiling Now Not Later
There's no need to delay the first stage of a data quality services program: thoroughly profiling and evaluating your current data stocks. You can start this crucial preliminary task right away with Talend Open Studio for Data Quality, a powerful open source data quality application from Talend. Talend's open source data integration and data quality software solutions have been proven through hundreds of thousands of deployments worldwide and are known for their reliability and ease of use.
Talend Open Studio for Data Quality is free to download and to use under an open source license. Its graphical design console and built-in connector and data quality analysis components make it easy to connect to files, databases, enterprise applications, and cloud data services and analyze your stored data. Supported data profiling mechanisms include statistical analysis, business rules-driven analysis, pattern-based validations, and much more.
Identify Initial Targets for Data Quality Services
With Talend Open Studio for Data Quality you can generate reports and graphics that help you identify and promote cases where data quality is lacking and where data quality services will likely deliver a strong return on investment. These can be, for example, areas where data is inconsistent or incomplete and where the data has a bearing on operational efficiency, revenue generation, or regulatory compliance.
Employ a Data Quality Services Solution That's Affordable and Scalable
When you've identified your initial data quality services targets and your specific quality improvement goals, deploy a data quality services platform that lets you start small and scale out. Talend Enterprise Data Quality lets you do just that. With Talend Enterprise Data Quality:
- Subscription pricing is based on the number of developer seats and is much more affordable than competing solutions from traditional proprietary software vendors.
- Powerful data quality tools make it easy to quickly improve data quality in targeted domains, with processes like standardizing, matching and de-duplication, and enrichment based on reference data.
- A flexible, distributed execution model facilitates low-cost scalability on commodity servers.
- Data cleansing services can be made portable and reusable by applications and users across the enterprise.
- A web-based reporting and monitoring portal makes it easy to promote data quality services success stories.
Learn more about Talend’s data quality solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Data Quality today and start benefiting from the leading open source data quality tool.