Talend certification exams measure candidates’ skills to ensure that they have the knowledge to successfully implement quality projects. Preparation is critical to passing. In addition to taking recommended courses, we expect familiarity with public documentation, and recommend six months on-the-job experience with the product.
This certification exam covers Talend Data Services and API Management (API Designer and API Tester), which includes REST and SOAP services implementation, design and testing of APIs, handling JSON mappings using Talend Data Mapper, Routes implementation, and best practices.
Certification Exam Details
Exam content is updated periodically. The number and difficulty of questions may change. The passing score is adjusted to maintain a consistent standard, for example, a new exam version with more-difficult questions may have a lower passing score.
Approximate number of questions: 45
Time limit: 60 minutes
Types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple response
Note: In multiple response questions, no points are given for partially correct answers.
- Knowledge and experience with Talend Data Services (Routes, SOAP web services, and REST services)
- Background knowledge of Talend Cloud Management Console
- Knowledge of Talend API Management (API Designer and API Tester) and Talend Data Mapper
- Talend Academy learning plans: Talend ESB Basics, Talend Data Mapper Essentials, and Talend Cloud API services
- Talend Academy use case: Handling REST requests and complex mappings in Talend Cloud
- Wider research: Product documentation, Community Knowledge Base articles, Talend webinars
- Experience with Talend Cloud Administration: six months on the job is recommended
Certification Exam Topics
Overview of Talend Data Services
- Explain the role of application integration and the difference between application integration and data integration
- User management and authentication
- Differentiate between services and routes
- Differentiate between SOAP and REST services (advantages and disadvantages)
- Explain data services components (Talend Runtime and Artifact Repository)
Developing SOAP web services
- Define SOAP web services and what a WSDL file is
- Create a WSDL file with Talend Studio
- Create a SOAP web service
- Implement SOAP operations
- Develop a SOAP consumer Job
- Throw a SOAP fault
Defining a new API using API Designer
- Explain what API Designer is
- Differentiate between contract first and code first programming
- Define API contracts using API Designer (data types, resources, and operations)
- Import and export API definitions
- Generate API documentation
Developing REST services
- Define REST services (REST URI, REST endpoint, URI pattern)
- Use REST API definition metadata
- Implement a REST service
- Implement REST operations (GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE)
- Develop a REST consumer Job
REST data types
- Create a JSON and an XML structure
- Create a mapping
- Stream data in REST components
Using API Tester
- Explain what API Tester is
- Generate a test project in API Tester from a Talend Studio REST service
- Create API test scenarios (includes the use of dynamic expressions)
- Use test assertions to validate responses
- Automatic API mocking
Deploying Data Services (only general knowledge)
- Introduction to Microservices
- Publish Microservices versus OSGI bundle
- Define Routes (distinguish between components and processors in Routes compared to Jobs)
- Connection types in Routes (compared to Jobs)
- Define CAMEL messages, exchanges, and SIMPLE language
- Edit message headers and exchange properties
- Implement services in Routes – Apache CXF components
- Provide a web service from a Route resource, using cSOAP or cREST
- Use endpoints in Routes
1. To use API Tester, you need to install the API Tester plug-in.
Which browser should you use?
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
2. Which type of engine must be used to deploy a Job as a microservice for ESB?
- Remote Engine for Pipeline
- Remote Engine cluster
- Remote Engine
- Remote Job Server
3. Which Mediation component can be configured to move a CSV file from an input directory to an output directory?
4. Which component can be used to create a REST service to accept HTTP GET requests in Talend Studio?
5. What features describe a Route?
- Performs batch processing of data
- Reacts to events in real time
- Designed using Talend Studio
- Code is based on Apache CXF framework
- B and C