For Agile, Affordable Data Integration Systems, Look to Open Source
The data integration systems market, long dominated by a few big proprietary software vendors, is shifting in favor of open source solutions. Open source data integration systems offer superior value in key areas including:
- Agility. Because open standards compliance is a core value of the open source movement, open source data integration systems protect your organization against the "vendor lock-in" associated with proprietary systems, ensuring that your integration infrastructure remains flexible and adaptable as your needs evolve.
- TCO. The total cost of ownership for open source data integration systems is sharply lower than with proprietary systems, which tend to be exorbitantly expensive. Indeed, the shift toward open source data integration systems can be seen as a democratization of the market, as the benefits of packaged solutions become accessible to many organizations that in the past were confined to building ad hoc tools in-house.
- Innovation. As the open source model has matured, open source products have rightly earned a reputation for quality and innovation, as development responds to the needs and ideas of wide communities of users in diverse environments. The best open source products advance at a faster pace than equivalent proprietary software.
Talend Delivers the Best Open Source Data Integration Systems
At the forefront of this market shift is Talend, the leading professional developer of open source middleware. Credited as a "visionary" company in recent Gartner industry reports, Talend offers a compelling value proposition to organizations seeking powerful, affordable data integration systems:
- Proven performance. Talend provides customers with mature open source products that have been proven in demanding production settings for years. Its open source ETL tool and other data integration systems have been downloaded millions of times, have hundreds of thousands of active users, and have repeatedly won acclaim from industry analysts.
- Ease of use. Talend data integration systems employ a familiar Eclipse-based development environment, packed with productivity enhancers like a drag-and-drop process designer, a unified meta-data repository, automatic code generation in Java, and more than 400 built-in data connectors. With Talend's data warehouse tools and other solutions, developers can quickly get up to speed and create high quality integration processes.
- Comprehensive solutions. Talend offers a complete set of data integration systems, addressing enterprise needs such as database conversion, real-time data replication and synchronization, ETL for data warehousing, and master data management (MDM). For organizations looking to build or enhance an SOA infrastructure, Talend also offers a comprehensive application integration tool suite.
- Better ROI. Talend's solutions are available in two editions: community edition products that are free to download and use for as long as you want, under an open source license; and subscription-based enterprise edition products with extended functionality and professional technical support from Talend. With either type of product, your total cost of ownership is dramatically lower and your ROI faster and larger than with comparable proprietary software.
Learn more about Talend’s data integration solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Data Integration today and start benefiting from the leading open source data integration tool.