Talend’s game changing features enable corporate developers to become proficient with Hadoop and big data.
Talend defines “integration at any scale”, as the ability to scale “data, projects, and skillsets”.
Talend v5.3 redefines the skillsets required to exploit big data technologies, which is often cited as one of the top challenges to embracing big data. Talend Big Data generates native Hadoop jobs that run data processing and transformations directly inside Hadoop, for maximum scalability. By leveraging MapReduce’s architecture for highly distributed data processing, data integration developers can build their jobs on Hadoop – without the need for specialist programming skills. Talend’s highly intuitive and user-friendly development environment dramatically shortens the learning curve to becoming proficient with Hadoop and big data. This leads to reassurance to both developers and IT management that integration processes will be 100% compliant with Hadoop and will fully leverage any and all big data resources.
The Data Services platform sees its most significant enhancement to date, with the addition of SOA Registry and Identity Management services and support for rich XML, EDIFACT, X12, HIPAA, Cobol and other semi-structured data mapping, through the acquisition of Oakland Software, a provider of advanced data transformation tooling.
Talend v5.3 sees a number of key enhancements including:
- Hadoop is the engine
- Game-changing features that enable corporate data developers to immediately start developing with Hadoop and big data, without the need to learn MapReduce
- Unparalleled Apache Pig developer tools, including a new Pig mapper and support for UDF (user defined functions) development
- Support for parsing semi-structured and unstructured data
- Additional NoSQL Support and Amazon big data
- Support for Couchbase, CouchDB and Neo4j
- Support for Amazon Redshift, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) and we added EC2 administration components for good measure.
- SOA Service Registry and Identity Management
- Supporting larger SOA deployments just got a whole lot easier with embedded service registry, authentication and authorization capabilities.
- Acquisition of Oakland Software to enhance B2B and rich data mapping support
- Oakland Software’s technology is an eclipse-based data transformation tool with rich data format support for complex XML, Java, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), X12, B2B and COBOL.