Talend raises the bar for big data integration performance and scalability making Hadoop code even faster – on average 45% faster. There are also connectivity, data quality and security enhancements making users of the most popular integration tools even more productive.
Below are the primary Talend v5.5 enhancements. Download now and start to experience these new features today!
- Increased Big Data Integration Performance and Scalability
- MapReduce Code Optimized for Performance - The Talend code generator has been engineered to generate more efficient and higher performing MapReduce code. Talend big data jobs can run on average 45% faster than previous releases as benchmarked using TPC-H tests. Time spent tuning and optimizing hand written code is no longer needed.
- Talend Labs project for Apache Spark – Apache Spark is an open source data analytics framework that can run programs up to 100x faster than Hadoop. Available through the Talend Forge community as an incubator project, developers will be able to design a Spark job in Studio and then deploy on Spark.
- Expanded Integration Reach And Data Quality
- Updated Support of Big Data Platforms and Connectors – Spend more time using systems instead of integrating them with support for Cloudera 5, Hortonworks 2.1, MapR 3.1, Pivotal HD 2.0, HP Vertica 7 and Teradata 15. New support provided for Windows Azure Blob Storage. Big data quality is supported on these platforms and you can integrate and profile data from Vertica’s big data analytics platform to gain insight to how data can be used and whether it conforms to standards.
- Talend Data Mapper Support for more EDI Messages (X12, HIPPA) - Talend Data Mapper can map, parse and transform more EDI messages than ever before expanding your integration reach. Use productive graphical tools instead of costly hand integrating complex EDI and HIPAA transactions.
- Improved Productivity and Security
- Enhanced Kerberos Support in Data Quality - Support for profiling Hive data when it is secured through Kerberos and support for data quality components on Hadoop using Kerberos. Minimizes the effort to configure security when profiling, standardizing and matching data in your jobs.
- Apache Sentry Support - Sentry is a highly modular system for providing fine-grained role based authorization to both data and metadata stored on an Apache Hadoop cluster. It integrates with open source SQL query engines, Apache Hive and Cloudera Impala. By supporting Sentry in Talend, users can enable advanced authorization controls in their big data jobs, providing higher levels of security with less coding.
- Talend Data Mapper Component (tHMap) - Provides extensive capabilities to transform XML, JSON, EDI, and other complex content. Simplifies transforming a wide range of single or multiple sources to single or multiple destinations.
- Talend Data Mapper Component for ESB (cMap) - Provides rich mapping and transformation capabilities for complex data formats passing through an ESB route.
- Support for latest Apache Projects - Talend supports recent updates in important Apache technologies so that developers can utilize the latest productivity features from the Apache community.