Led by database research pioneer Dr. Michael Stonebraker, HP Vertica has developed a high-speed, self-tuning SQL database that runs on off-the-shelf servers and can manage terabytes of data faster and much less expensively than traditional database software or proprietary data warehouse hardware. Those that have benchmarked it against other data management solutions have found that the Vertica Database:
- Queries 40x - 215x faster
- Requires 20x less storage space
- Reduces system costs by up to 75%
- Requires little to no administrative or tuning overhead
- Gives more people faster access to data so they can analyze it in more ways.
When used together, the Vertica Database and Talend Open Studio combine to create very fast, very affordable data warehouse and data mart applications. Read Talend and HP Vertica Tips and Techniques for guidance configuring Talend Open Studio to connect to HP Vertica.