Gartner just released their Magic Quadrant for MDM of Customer Data, and for the first time, the analysts included Talend in the report. Last year, we did not meet the stringent inclusion criteria in terms of revenue for MDM and were disqualified. This year however, we reach the required threshold, provided great references to Gartner, answered lots of questions, and we made it!
Talend is now identified by Gartner as a player in all of the four market segments that we participate into:
- Data Integration: Talend has been a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools since 2009
- Data Quality: Talend has been a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools since 2011
- Application Integration/ESB: Talend is a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites this year, and was a Visionary in its predecessors, the Magic Quadrant for Application Infrastructure for Systematic Application Integration Projects and the Magic Quadrant for Application Infrastructure for Systematic SOA Infrastructure Projects.
- And now, the Master Data Management market!
Among the highlights mentioned by Gartner, there are a few that are very pertinent and got us where we are today:
- Our broad information management vision that allows us to offer a unified platform for all integration disciplines, including “highly rated data quality and integration tools”.
- Talend’s ability to “model multiple data domains in the same product”.
- The tremendous growth that led us to meet the inclusion criteria in just 2 years (the product was launched in 2010 and by definition we then had zero client and zero MDM revenue).
- Great references and mindshare – according to Gartner, Talend “was cited in 10% of competitive situations by the survey respondents for all vendors”.
If you are interested in this Magic Quadrant, you can review it for free, courtesy of Talend. Just click here.